Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week in the Life: Day 4


Day 4
Originally uploaded by emmayrand





Olivia woke me up this morning and climbed in bed for just a few minutes before wanting to head downstairs for breakfast. Woke Aidan up right away too. He needed to finish coloring his homework before school. (I kinda think the coloring part is pointless, especially when rushed.) Aidan was a bit difficult to get dressed this morning. Usually he picks stuff out himself, or I give him a couple options. Today he didn't like what I had picked out. The shirts were either too plain (meaning no graphics) or had itchy tags he didn't like.
Pulled the winter coats out this morning. Fall is definitely upon us and a regular sweatshirt wasn't going to cut it today! It was only 65 degrees in the house today, and I finally broke down and turned the heat back on again. (sigh)
Spent about an hour catching up on WITL from yesterday. Olivia watched Jonah, Veggie Tales movie. After that was finished we headed to the library for a long visit. As we turned into the driveway, Olivia exclaimed "Mom, that was close!" She thought the oncoming car was going to hit us. Looked at Martha Stewart Living while Olivia played with puzzles and brought me board books to read to her as well.
Came home and had an early lunch. I was very hungry and my tummy was already rumbling at 11:30. Toasted Ham & Cheese made in the oven. I've started broiling my sandwiches in the oven to get the texture of grilled cheese, without the extra 20 grams of fat from butter. Olivia wasn't really interested in eating much. Had a Gogurt and a few crackers with ham & cheese. My allergies had started bothering me at the library, so I took a Benadryl when we got home...followed by a cup of coffee!
Read "Fly High Fly Guy" and a "Maisy" book then it was time for a nap. Needless to say the coffee wasn't helping me at all, and we took almost a 2 hour nap together. Olivia was super grouchy, whiney and crying when we woke up. I don't think she feels the best. I was trying my very best to be patient with her, but it wasn't working very well. I put in the Strawberry Shortcake DVD from the library, and took a time-out from her.
Picked up Aidan from school. Came home for a bit. I took a shower and got ready to go to DS for Ryan's going-away party. Tomorrow is actual last day, but they were throwing a little party for him today. It was nice to be able to say our "good-byes". Ryan got a little choked up when he got a card from his team. You could see the tears in his eyes, although he was trying really hard not to let it show. Obviously this whole week it has been sinking in a little more each day. His team has been doing a lot of activities partly as a "send-off" for him. I know he will miss working there, but hopefully better things lie ahead.
Ryan had lodge tonight as well, so had to get going to that. I drove the kids home and we played with the neighbor kids for a while, until it got too dark to see outside! I wasn't too worried about having a "real" dinner tonight, since the kids (and I) had been snacking during the party.
The rest of the evening consisted of a shower for Aidan, a few more snacks (a couple bites of Daddy's cheesecake and some veggies & dip), and then books before bed. Aidan read Maisy & Fly Guy to us(again!). Time for pj's and brushing teeth and bed.
Put Olivia to bed, but still needed to get homework done with Aidan. He had to fill out a sheet with address/phone/state listed. He's working on his penmanship, and definitely needs a little help. He gets frustrated with it, if I tell him that he needs to erase and do it again. (practice, practice, practice)
Watched the VP debate on tv, talked with Mom again, sorted through Orlando vacation pictures for a while before Ryan came home. Watched the weather and had to head to bed.

No comments: